Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First new business fail

Well, it was bound to happen.  Just wish it hadn't happened so soon.  I was asked to take in a seam just a little bit to hide a weird spot where the pattern, white stripes on a navy field, had created a white spot that looked bad.  So I took in the seam a little and returned it to the owner.  Unfortunately I had apparently not taken it in enough, because she had to give it back to me to fix again.  I was a bit embarassed that I had not done a good job the first time, but I took the seam in more this time so hopefully it will hold.

I want to build a reputation for doing good work, so I'm hoping this doesn't happen again anytime soon.  But I also hope that having a policy of fixing my work when it doesn't meet standards will also help me build a good reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment