Friday, May 13, 2011

On the Hunt

So Joanne's is apparently having an awesome sale this weekend and I am hoping to get in on the action tomorrow morning to score some goodies.  My hit list is assembled so we'll see how I do.

McCall's patterns on sale for $1.99:
6038; 5591; 6308; 5292; 3830; 5811  (Discontinued, but hopeful: 6011; 5686; 5911)
But those are predominantly skirts you say.  Well, I'm trying to expand my wardrobe from its current denim heavy state for casual wear.

40% off sewing books:
Design-It-Yourself by Cal Patch
Twinkle Sews by Wenlan Chia
Make Do and Mend
Built by Wendy
Sew U books
I've seen these books mentioned time and again on other blogs written by people much more creative and skilled than I so they must be worth the time and money to procure for myself.  I have ambition so with any luck I'll be able to use these books to expand my very meager skills.

Oh, and I need some grosgrain ribbon and/or bias tape for a v-neck pullover to v-neck cardigan refashion I'm working on to deal with a permanent stain problem.

Wish me luck and I'll update with my haul tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment