So my first ever skirt made is done. The skirt beta is complete. Slogging through the fog created by the confluence of bad allergies and benadryl, I was determined to finish this thing once and for all so I could say I was done. I finished. I made a skirt! I learned a lot in this process:
- how to change my presser foot
- how to put in a zipper
- how awesome pressing is
- how to use fusible interfacing
- why you fold the fabric under for a blind hem stitch like they show you (see picture of hem)
- take your measurements before you buy patterns
And those are only a few things. The pattern was McCall's 3830. I chose view D since I prefer knee-length skirts. If you recall, the fabric for this beta came from a valance (1 of 3) that I was given to use as practice.
Here is the result on me. I apologize for the meh picture quality. The t-shirt just happened to be what I'm wearing this evening as I worked on it. Definitely not what I would wear with this skirt.
Oh, and this is why you should follow the directions for blind hem stitching instead of just folding up: