Monday, July 11, 2011

Almost Finished!

So I am actually almost finished with the Victorian Top as it is now dubbed.  It came together quicker than I thought it would - guess I did have time to prewash the fabric.  Hindsight 20/20 and all that.  I have pictures now.  There is a waist tie and the top isn't quite finished.  I thought I had 5 matching buttons to go down the back, buuuuuut no.  So there is no back closure, so for pics the top is tied and boyfriend pinned the top so it stays together. 

First pic is with the white skirt I hope to pair the top with for the Event:
Second pic is closeup on the top itself.  You can kindof see the grey floral pattern on the black, it is a subtle pattern from a distance.
I am hoping to find some buttons on an item at a thrift store so as to save money and maybe find something cute to use.  I've been going back and forth on button color - black, white, pearlized, etc.  I've pretty much ruled out shank buttons because, being in the back, they'll dig in if I sit against a chair back.  Not fun.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment