Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Make and Mend 2011 - July (no pictures)

So I am hoping you will take my word for it that I have been mending for this challenge to make or mend five pieces a month.  I've mended a tear on the inside of a pocket on one of boyfriend's work pants, sewn closed a hole next to a back pocket on a pair of his shorts, and an almost identical hole next to a back pocket on a pair of my jeans. 

I'm working on formulating how to fix a split hem on another pair of boyfriend's shorts since I can't just take them up like I did his other work pants.  I'm thinking about putting the hem tape inside the split hem as close to the open edge as possible.  We'll see how that works out.

Still experimenting with making small drawstring bags.  I'd like to sell dice bags on my etsy shop if I can ever perfect the drawstring channel.  Maybe next one will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment